{Tarot Equus} Come visit me at Dreamation!

The Emperor, pencil sketch
Hello Lovelies!

It's been awhile!  I'm writing to you from my new home. I've spent my time since my last post unpacking, cleaning, working, researching, and continuing work on Tarot Equus. 

In November, I completed the Empress in colored pencil.  In December, I changed up my medium a bit and re-did The Fool as an experiment.  Up to this point I have been working in a mix of colored pencil and gel pen.  For the new Fool I added an under painting in watercolor and worked on top of it in colored pencil and gel pen.  It added depth to the image and I decided to do all the cards this way.  In January, I replaced my original magician, Pooka, with the Tikbalang, a forest spirit from the Philippines.  Pooka will be making an appearance elsewhere in the deck, on a more appropriate card.  For February I've been working on the Emperor- the Hippogriff.  The under painting for this one is complete.  I'll be working over it in colored pencil in the Artist's Alley at Dreamation!

As some of you know, I've been a jewelry vendor for quite awhile, through my business Altar Egos.  This is my first event exhibiting as an illustrator.  I am starting small and attending to learn, to network, and to promote Tarot Equus.  I have three images from the deck printed and ready for viewing as well as an original painting for sale- Oneiroi (2010).

So, come visit me at Dreamation!  February 21st-24th At the Hyatt Regency Morristown & Conference Center in Morristown, New Jersey.  Preregistration is open for two more days- until February 19th!  See you there!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roll Initiative

The Mad That You Feel (Remember Fred)